So this is the final post for the Rainbow Ladies: today’s theme is the rainbow, which could be interpreted freely, so I chose to try a sugar spun manicure. It’s not hard to do, but it takes some time. Here’s how to do it:
- Paint your nails with a base colour. I used Kiko 275 black.
- Choose a contrasting nail polish and put some drops on a piece of plastic.
- Let the polish drop dry a bit (but not completely), stir it with a toothpick. Lift the toothpick: when the polish creates a string place it on your nails. If it doesn’t, just wait a few seconds and check again.
- Repeat if necessary, until you get the desired effect.
- (Optional) Seal with top coat. I used Essence Better than gel nails sealer, which unfortunately completely melted some of the finer strings.
The colours I used for the sugar spun are (top to bottom): H&M Red Nail, H&M Chica Boom Boom, H&M Lemon Tree, Catrice 740 King Of Greens, H&M Come Along With Me, Rimmel London 60 seconds 815 Rock Royalty, Catrice 110 Poison Me, Poison You!.
What do you think? Have you ever tried this technique?